Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Found this today and it has me seeing red.
I don't have nearly as impressive a collection as this guy does, but still, I have to wonder how many of my neighbors would be caught blabbering on their stoop about how "Outbreak didn't seem radical. He sure didn't seem like the type of guy that would have those types of weapons."
Oh, yeah? What types of weapons are those? The kind that put holes in paper targets, or soda cans, or the type that can, but never have, put holes in goblins who would threaten my life? Or are you talking about the kind that can kill animals for food?
I have them all. Some are scary military style guns. They were designed to be rugged, reliable, and reasonably accurate. Thats why I like them. They are effective.

But what type of guy owns these weapons?
Do they have to be crazy? Do they have to have malicious intent? Bank robbers? School shooters? no.
Ordinary people legally and responsibly own many more guns than this guy. The only thing it would appear this guy did wrong was live in New Joisey. That and maybe fail to use his impressive arsenal to protect himself and his property against a bunch of jack booted thugs, intent on forcibly removing his Constitutional Right to keep and bear arms.
And then the quote from one of the detectives about how the BATFE has decried that every multiple purchaser is suspicious. Thats only in states where they find out about multiple purchases. I'll never be flagged in Texas or Florida. They don't care how many guns I have, as long as I'm not a felon. But the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has it in their silly little heads that they can just run around the country violating people's Constitutional rights and get away with it. When I am elected to some sort of federal office (fat chance. I probably couldn't even stomach the campaign.) The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives will cease to be a gubment agency and become a chain of convenience stores by the same name.

No comments: