Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Here it is

After Dad, amused by my recent emails, suggested I start writing, I started thinking. If Dad likes it, everyone will. So here it is.
The blog carries the only decent name I could come up with: Outbreak. Its the name I was given by my peers at Navigator school, and the only "call sign" of its type that actually stuck. Don't ask how I got it. It is a much disputed topic within the former Party Flight as to whether it resulted from a sneeze or a cough, but it doesn't really matter.
I'm just starting out with this whole blog thing, so don't expect any sort of regular frequency for a while, if ever. Topics will be widely varied, consisting of whatever is on my mind and I deem worthy of posting. I also don't know the mechanics of this site yet, but as I learn, the blog may become more complex. It will come in time.
From what I can tell so far, the site does allow for comments. I welcome comments, but I have some guidelines. First, my biggest peeve on the internet is the functionally illiterate slamming away at keyboards without punctuation, spell check, or any indication of coherent thought. I will not tolerate the murder of the queen's English, so to speak. I will edit or delete replies containing run on sentences, horribly misspelled words, or wanton misuse of "there," "their," and "they're. On the same note, if you notice any instance of improper grammar or misspelling, call me out. In the rare instance this occurs, I'll be happy to fix it.
Second, keep the comments constructive, appropriate, clean, and on topic. I'll delete anything that doesn't, at least loosely, relate to the topic at hand or I wouldn't want Mom reading, because she just might. If you can't adhere to these simple guidelines (you know who you are), just email me or IM me.
Finally, for my protection and that of those I'm sure I'm going to talk about, I won't be using real names. Please don't use any in the comments either. If you want to post your own name, go for it. Otherwise, stick to aliases. I'm sure there will be some frequent appearances.
Thats all I got at the moment. Welcome to my ramblings.

No comments: